In honor of military service and to show appreciation of the sacrifices military couples endure while serving our nation, one lucky couple will enjoy a free two-night stay at the Lang House Bed and Breakfast.
About the Lang House B&B
Lang House B&B is located one block from Lake Michigan in East Rogers Park, one of Chicago’s most interesting and diverse neighborhoods. Built in 1919, Lang House B&B is an elegant four-square prairie style five-room mansion conveniently located two blocks from the “L” Red Line. The train can take you anywhere in the city and the airports in no time! Downtown and the Magnificent Mile are just 45 minutes away by public transportation.
Please tell us why you deserve a Summer Vacation!
- Submissions are limited to one paragraph – creativity is encouraged!
- All submissions must be received by May 8th.
- All submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must be active duty, National Guard, reserve, or military dependent with valid military ID to enter the contest.
- One lucky winner will be selected from all submissions received by May 8th.
- The winning couple will receive one free two-night stay for two at Lang House B&B at a mutually agreed upon time during the month of June.
- All guests must be 12 years of age and abide by Lang House B&B policies and guidelines listed at Lang House B&B Guidelines.
- Included in the weekend getaway is complimentary parking, free breakfast, and tickets to Mayne Stage (if available), an intimate 230-seat multipurpose entertainment venue within minutes of Lang House B&B.
The winning couple will be notified by May 12th!
- For more information about the contest, contact the USO of Illinois at 312-822-3774.
- For more information about Lang House B&B, visit www.langhousechicago.com or call 773-764-9851.
- For more information about Mayne Stage, please visit www.maynestage.com.
- Lang House B&B is a proud supporter of the military and offers a 10% Military Discount to active duty and retired military for all future stays. Please show Military ID at check-in to receive discount.
Special thanks to the Lang House Bed & Breakfast and co-owners Bruce Boyd and Wayde Cartwright for making this program possible!
The USO lifts the spirits of America’s troops and their families. The mission of the USO is to enhance the quality of life of the U.S. Armed Forces personnel and their families and to create a cooperative relationship between U.S. military communities and involved or supporting civilian communities. The USO of Illinois is a civilian 501(c)(3) registered non-profit that is not government funded but is supported solely by the generosity of the American people.
By: Brian Wellner
It’s the first USO center in Illinois outside Chicago, which has five, and the only one that serves Iowa’s active service personnel and their families.
“Now, there’s a chance for military families to come and utilize a space to get away and relax,” said Jackie Inman, the Arsenal center director.
She previously served as a family readiness group leader for Iowa Army National Guard units and saw the need for USO services in the Quad-Cities. Her son serves in the Iowa Army National Guard and she has longed for a center like this to serve Iowa and Illinois active service members outside the Chicago area.
USO centers provide programs and services for military personnel and their families from send-offs to homeco